Sundyne: Global Strength, Powered By People
As a globally recognized leader in the design and manufacture of industrial pumps and compressors for heavy industrial applications, Sundyne boasts an impressive sales and service network with presence in over 117 countries. Comprised entirely of third-party representatives, distributors and Authorized Service Centers, the Sundyne channel partner network provides world-class service and, by design, works very closely with Sundyne global manufacturing and sales management employees.
In 2012 – following the sale of Sundyne to an investment firm – a need arose for Sundyne and its international sales channel to realign. A plan was developed to host a 5-day International Sales Meeting (ISM) in the spring of 2013, the objective of which was four-fold:
Reinforce strong connections and working relationships between Sundyne and its external Channel Partners;
Communicate corporate values to the global sales and service network;
Make Sundyne the number one product that representatives and distributors sell first on their line card;
Recognize Sales Excellence and reward exemplary performance of the Channel Partners.
Hawk3i was tasked with producing the event, from beginning to end. Our team handled locating the venue, as well as managing all accommodations, scheduling, communications, logistics, audio-visual design, content development and other production tasks.
The Hawk3i Solution
- Scout and book an event location that would provide ease of access for global attendees; ultimately, a resort on Marco Island, Florida was selected.
- Secure, ship and set-up all product demo models, AV infrastructure and other materials required for the ISM.
- Develop and refine corporate messaging to support the President’s objectives, as well as all materials required to communicate this message.
- Develop and support a 5-day agenda of engineering workshops, product demonstrations and sales training classes designed to meet the needs of all Sundyne Channel Partners.
- Plan family-friendly recreational activities suitable for our guests and their families, including a company golf tournament, an air boat tour of the Everglades and other off-site adventures.
- Partner with the internal Sundyne sales team to produce an awards ceremony and black-tie dinner event designed to reward the global sales channel, from both a sales and engineering perspective.
At its conclusion, the 2013 Sundyne International Sales Meeting was a great success for Sundyne – delivering on the objectives set out by their leadership team. The ISM cemented bonds between the Sundyne senior management team, the sales team and the global sales channel, providing a critical opportunity for face-to-face communication and relationship-building. Additionally, the event served as an invaluable launch pad for the President’s 5-year plan.